We are looking for a Head of Design who is passionate about nurturing and growing our Product Design capability. The Head of Design knows the design field well and has been a practitioner him/herself for many years. Familiarity or expertise in several UX skills (ie. user research, prototyping, interaction, visual design) is preferred. You are focused on Human Centred Design by bringing together product, design and engineering goals to craft excellent user experiences.
You champion the user’s voice, are passionate about great experiences and lead your team by example. You empower your team so they are productive, inspired and happy. You have a proven history of creating a healthy design culture within your previous organisation, love managing people and a master influencer.
As Head of Design, your passion will steer you to:
- Lead and build product design capabilities at Pushpay by collaborating with designers and design leads to continually improve the design practice
- Champion the value of design culture throughout the company by promoting the understanding of design methodologies and their impact on the overall final design in the product
- Empower and mentor designers on your team, fostering a collaborative, productive, and positive environment within a growing team
- Maintain and evolve the design team workflows to ensure our deliverables are of extremely high quality and on brand
- Optimize the design team's delivery capability by reviewing our process, implementing best practice and tools
- Empower team members to proactively lead iteration cycles with stakeholders and push designs forward according to the team’s vision and understanding of the business goals of each request
- Be highly communicative and responsive both within your team and to stakeholders across the company while managing a large volume of ongoing projects
- Work with Design Leads to implement the right process to hire, onboard, train, and mentor new team members
- Interact across a broad set of teams, functions and levels of leadership to set strategy and implement products
- You will lead by example, upholding our values and contributing to the Product Design community
- You will help build a vision and strategy for Pushpay products, working with the design team and your peers Product Management and Engineering
- You will create an energetic, creative culture and environment
- Encourage and inspire innovation across teams
You are the one we are looking for, if you are extremely pragmatic and have an exceptional ability to empower and manage teams of designers. With a generous number of years' experience as a product designer with proven experience leading design efforts on multiple interconnected products, you will have led design teams of 5-10 people collaborating across multiple projects or products.
Your strong people leadership skills and a proven track record of successful people management, ability to create and work towards an overall product design vision that fits with the overall product strategy and business goals, will hold you successful in this role.
Ability to consider long-term sustainability in all design decisions and maintain an eye for re-usability in designs, experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life-cycle, including lean UX methodologies will be a distinct advantage.
We work in a fast-paced environment, promote a creative and collaborative workplace with generous colleagues, and have smart teams geared to achieve Pushpay's vision.
We are a fast growing, passionate bunch of high-performers who are committed to building a modern, world class payments experience through web and mobile. We help you get there through the following benefits:
- Competitive salary within NZ market
- Dedicated annual training budget
- Latest gear, tools and software
- A passionate design team with an evolving design process that you can contribute to
- A modern office with collaboration space and natural lighting
- An adjustable desk and ergonomic chair as we care about your health
- Central location in Auckland CBD
- Fruits, drinks and other stuff
- Work with talented colleagues in Kenexa’s Best Workplace 2016 (medium size)
Founded in 2011, we are proudly a New Zealand company. Kiwis can make all kinds of great things happen with minimal resources. We call it the number 8 fencing wire philosophy. Small might mean informal, but that doesn't mean we're not serious about what we do.
Pushpay is in an exciting high-growth phase. Everyone in the company is a high performing professional committed to the cause.
Our customers love our product: https://twitter.com/pushpay/likes
Interested in working in other roles?
Are you interested in working with Pushpay and are located in the US? We are looking for people in Marketing, Partner Care, Sales and Technical Support roles. Please view our other US job openings.