The Pushpay engineering team is spread between Auckland, New Zealand and Redmond, Washington. We are currently on the lookout for talented Lead Engineers to join the Pushpay team as we continue to grow to meet market demands.
Our Lead Engineers should expect to be actively writing code about 30% - 40% of the time. They will have a team of 3 to 4 senior and intermediate engineers with an embedded QA engineer. They will work together to refine requirements, formulate technical approaches, collaborate with the various technical guilds, review code, mentor the team, and ultimately deliver value to production every single day.
Pushpay engineers take ownership of features and work with multiple stakeholders to deliver the highest quality solutions all the way to production. We work in cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with Quality Assurance, Designers and Product Analysts. We ship to production several times a day, and use the latest technologies to support our delivery pace and growth.
Our ongoing move from a monolith to a microservice architecture is a great opportunity to stretch your skills and learn new things. If you join us, you’ll get to work with best-in-class tools and practices like AWS Lambda (AWS’s serverless compute offering), .NET Core, microservices and containerization, continuous delivery and a healthy DevOps culture.
What we're looking for:
- Personal commitment to continuously learn and improve
- A pragmatic approach to delivering modular, scalable code
- Experience architecting complex software solutions at SAAS scale with an emphasis on security and performance
- Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms is desirable
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process
- Minimum 2 years of effective leadership of a small engineering team
- Minimum 6 years relevant software engineering experience, ideally includes one or more of the following stack:
- C# .NET
- ASP.NET MVC
- Experience with React.js is a bonus
- Some variety of ORM
- SQL - MSSQL preferred
- nUnit or similar - TDD should be your go-to
- An understanding of Continuous Integration/Deployment and AWS technologies
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- 100% Employer paid Health Insurance Plan
- 3 Weeks PTO and 11 Paid Holidays
- $3000 annual conference budget
- On-site Fitness Center and more!
Pushpay (www.pushpay.com) exists to build world class donor and engagement solutions.
We see many levels of inefficiency in the world of money and we are certain we can make a positive impact on many people's lives by challenging the status quo.
Founded in 2011, we are proudly a New Zealand company. Kiwis can make all kinds of great things happen with minimal resources. We call it the number 8 fencing wire philosophy. Small might mean informal, but that doesn't mean we're not serious about what we do.
Our customers love our product: https://twitter.com/pushpay/likes.
Interested in working in other roles?
Are you interested in working with Pushpay and are located in the US? We are looking for people in Marketing, Partner Care, Sales and Technical Support roles. Please view our other US job openings.