We are currently on the lookout for a talented mobile apps engineer to join the Pushpay team as we continue to grow to meet market demands.
- We are a fast growing, passionate bunch of people who are committed to building a modern, world class payments experience through web and mobile.
- Pushpay exists to make a disruptive change to how people and organizations exchange money.
- We see many levels of inefficiency in the world of money and we are certain we can make a positive impact on many people's lives by challenging the status quo.
- Founded in 2011, we are proudly a New Zealand company. Kiwis can make all kinds of great things happen with minimal resources. We call it the number 8 fencing wire philosophy. Small might mean informal, but that doesn't mean we're not serious about what we do.
- Pushpay is in an exciting hi-growth phase. Everyone in the company is a high performing professional committed to the cause.
- We love our community: twitter.com/pushpaytech/likes.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Personal commitment to continuously learn and improve.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Emphasis on creating secure web platforms that perform at scale.
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process.
- Be a happy, positive-minded and kind person.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Must have: A practical commercial knowledge of, and high proficiency with:
- React Native
- Emphasis on writing modular, scalable code code that exhibits the principles of SOLID
- Android and iOS platforms
- Integrating with RESTful services
Ideally, you will have a good understanding of:
- Git, Mercurial or some DCVS
- Automated testing, stubbing, mocking (TDD should be your modus operandi)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
Our work ethic
- Pushpay encourages innovation in a blameless culture
- We push to production multiple times per day
- We have a focus on repeatable results
- A code-base with a pragmatic approach to technical-debt
- Ultra-low levels of bureaucracy - less talk, more action
- At Pushpay testers and engineers go together like Jam and Peanut Butter
Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose
- Establish a clear and motivating mission.
- Pick ONLY the most exceptional people: people who are Smart and Get-Stuff-Done.
- Provide an environment free of distraction with an ambiance that supports creative work.
And then get out of the way and let them do what they love to do.
We have great benefits
3K pa training/conference allowance
Exceptionally talented colleagues
Above market rates
We measure results, not hours
Pre-authorised budget for ‘gear’