At Pushpay, we believe leaders want thriving organisations, but are frustrated by a lack of participation from their communities. We build world-class payment and engagement solutions to enable community leaders to grow their communities.
Our award winning design team exists to build empathy and understanding towards our customers, to share that with the rest of the company and to collaborate in designing effective, refined and memorable product experiences that create lasting value.
What's the opportunity?
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer (5+ years experience) who is passionate about web and mobile technology. You will be crafting exceptional digital experiences for our customers, focussing on our donor development experiences primarily.
In Pushpay, designers are always looking for ways to create simplicity out of complex problems with an awareness of the customer & user’s need, and an eye for sharp visual design.
In this role you will be collaborating interdependently with our Design Lead, product analysts, engineers and internal stakeholders. You also have the confidence to design your solutions for projects of different sizes, relying on user insights, testing and best practice.
This is an exciting time to join our new team as there are plenty of design challenges in our roadmap to get where we want to go with our product. We work closely with our own dedicated product and engineering team to help us build our vision for that premium experience.
As a designer, you will have experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. Having product experience is an advantage.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborating with researchers, product managers and engineers on design requirements and user needs to solve problems clearly
- Planning and conducting a range of design activities including co-design sessions and user testing
- Creation of visual design outputs such as moodboard, high fidelity screens and component design as well as content
- Producing rapid prototypes and mockup experiences in order to gain feedback quickly
- Delivering high quality design work in a team environment
- Maintain, guide, and push the boundaries of design systems and patterns
- Mentoring other designers and provide thought leadership in user experience design
What skills do I need?
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Identify and articulate design problems clearly
- Find ways to champion and facilitate frequent evaluation of design ideas with users at various stages of the product design life cycle
- Work with design, product and engineering team to identify possible design solutions through workshops and collaborative design sessions
- Experience with user testing - either participating or facilitating
- Proven end-to-end experience in the process of creating simple interactive experiences that support user’s journeys and needs
- Experience in interaction design, sketching, paper prototyping and high-fidelity interactive prototyping
- Make strategic design and user-focused decisions related to existing and new product features
- Champion new ideas and drive the maturity of our design practice forward
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices in interaction design and a good understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellent command of visual design (Adobe Suite & Sketch) and prototyping tools
We are a fast growing, passionate bunch of high-performers who are committed to building a modern, world class payments experience through web and mobile. We help you get there through the following benefits:
- Competitive salary within NZ market
- Dedicated annual training budget
- Latest gear, tools and software
- A passionate design team with an evolving design process that you can contribute to
- A modern office with collaboration space and natural lighting
- An adjustable desk and ergonomic chair as we care about your health
- Central location in Auckland CBD
- Fruits, drinks and other stuff
- Work with talented colleagues in Kenexa’s Best Workplace 2016 (medium size)
Founded in 2011, we are proudly a New Zealand company. Kiwis can make all kinds of great things happen with minimal resources. We call it the number 8 fencing wire philosophy. Small might mean informal, but that doesn't mean we're not serious about what we do.
Pushpay is in an exciting high-growth phase. Everyone in the company is a high performing professional committed to the cause.
Our customers love our product: https://twitter.com/pushpay/likes
Interested in working in other roles?
Are you interested in working with Pushpay and are located in the US? We are looking for people in Marketing, Partner Care, Sales and Technical Support roles. Please view our other US job openings.