Leaders want a thriving organization, but are fustrated by a lack of participation from their communities. At Pushpay, we build world-class payment and engagement solutions to help community leaders grow their communities.
Our award winning design team exists to build empathy and understanding towards our customers, to share with the rest of the company and to collaborate in designing effective, refined and memorable experiences that create lasting value.
We are looking for an experienced UX practitioner with a passion for user research. Help us deepen our understanding of our users and what they need from our product to achieve their goals.
Researchers at Pushpay are responsible for:
- Planning and conducting a range of user research activities including recruiting and managing participants from our user base
- Working with Product Managers and Engineers on requirements and user needs to clearly and concisely define problems for discussion in multidisciplinary teams
- Undertaking competitive analysis, user behaviour analytics, heuristic evaluation of existing experiences
- Producing user profiles, scenarios, user stories, user journeys, experience maps, IA models, wireframes, and mockups to explore and develop potential solutions
You need to be able to:
- Identify and articulate design problems clearly
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients
- Make strategic design and user-focused decisions related to existing and new product features
- Find ways to champion and facilitate frequent evaluation of design ideas with users at various stages of the product design life cycle
- Collaborate constructively with other team members and stakeholders
- Champion new ideas and drive the maturity of our UX practice forward
- Collaborate and communicate closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
We are looking for:
- 7 or more years of UX practice
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and research methodologies, usability and accessibility concerns
- Confidence in planning and conducting ethnographic research interviews and tests
- Experience with remote research and remote testing
- Experience synthesising research findings and communicating them to varied audiences
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices in interaction design and a good understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- A team player that shares knowledge and experience with teammates, and learn from them
- Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Systems thinker: you can logically visualise complex systems, user interaction flows, and efficient interfaces
We are a fast growing, passionate bunch of high-performers who are committed to building a modern, world class payments experience through web and mobile. We help you get there through the following benefits:
- Competitive salary within NZ market
- Dedicated annual training budget
- Latest gear, tools and software
- A passionate design team with an evolving design process that you can contribute to
- A modern office with collaboration space and natural lighting
- An adjustable desk and ergonomic chair as we care about your health
- Central location in Auckland CBD
- Fruits, drinks and other stuff
- Work with talented colleagues in Kenexa’s Best Workplace 2016 (medium size)
You should apply if:
- You'd like to step up to the challenge of executing Pushpay's vision for a world-class user experience
- You are prepared to face a number of design tasks from research to prototyping and wireframing
- You are an enthusiastic person who can actively make a difference to the way people experience Pushpay
- You are looking for a full time role dedicated to this task
- You'd like to ensure there is a high degree of consistency and quality across all of our digital properties (taking care of the little things)
- You are able to work in New Zealand, and can be located in Auckland
Founded in 2011, we are proudly a New Zealand company. Kiwis can make all kinds of great things happen with minimal resources. We call it the number 8 fencing wire philosophy. Small might mean informal, but that doesn't mean we're not serious about what we do.
Pushpay is in an exciting high-growth phase. Everyone in the company is a high performing professional committed to the cause.
Our customers love our product: https://twitter.com/pushpay/likes
Interested in working in other roles?
Are you interested in working with Pushpay and are located in the US? We are looking for people in Marketing, Partner Care, Sales and Technical Support roles. Please view our other US job openings.